Very early this morning I was tagged by Christine Wells to post eight random things you don’t know about me, and that I’m willing to admit. So here I go:
1. I’m a rabid Minnesota Vikings football fan. Don’t call me when there’s a game on TV and certainly don’t call me if they’ve lost. I’ll be in bed.
2. I failed grammar all through high school. A’s for my writing and F’s for my grammar. To this day I’m never sure when to use “then” or “than” (which you may have noticed), where to put commas, or how the heck you diagram a sentence (or why).
3. I love, love, love coffee and could drink it all day long. But I almost exclusively drink decaf.
4. My office is blue and green with a pink bathroom. Trust me, it looks better than it sounds.
5. I helped to start and run an independent newspaper in college.
6. I never read a romance novel until I was asked to do a reader’s report in my first publishing job interview. Apparently I did well. I aced the report and got the job. The author was Pamela Morsi.
7. I was a Girl Scout until I was 16 and finished all there was to do.
8. I cry at the drop of the hat–movies, books, the RITA’s. Any time people clap or cry I will inevitably join right in. And yes Christine, I’m sure I teared up when you won the Golden Heart.
Now I’m supposed to tag eight others to share those things about yourself that few know. I trust that eight of you will pick up the ball and run with it.