- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
The Eurasian magpie because 1) I love shiny things and 2) I’d get to fly.
- Which of your five full albums (not just a song here and there) get the most repeat play?
Moana is the only full album I have listened to in years.
- If you could sum up your life philosophy in under ten words, what would it be (and how did you get there?)
Be happy. It doesn’t matter what you do, you should feel satisfied (if not happy) with it. From work to fun, everything should bring you joy. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- What is your favorite reality tv show?
I don’t watch a ton of reality tv, but I do love Project Runway.
- If you lead another life, not in publishing, what would you be doing instead?
Ballerina for sure.
- What would surprise us about you?
I’m not as extroverted as I seem. I’m actually an introverted extrovert: I like being around people, but I need alone time.
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a gold medal for?
Hmmm, tough question. Does being loud count? I can be very loud and I spend a lot of time trying to use an indoor voice.
- If you could invite any three people (literary or not) to your dinner table who would it be and what would you serve (food and drink)?
J.K. Rowling (duh), Ursula Nordstrom, and Napoleon. I’d propably serve wine (and water), and make nachos.
9. If you could travel back in time to any single year or event then back again only once, what would you choose and why?
I’ve often thought about this. But my question is: am I engaging with people or just observing. If just observing, it’d be interesting to see the Salem Witch Trials. If engaging with people, I want somewhere with amenities, so I’d probably go into the future to see what’s what.