1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Despite being a cat lady, I think I’d be a bird of prey. Then I could fly and take in the beautiful views without worrying about becoming another animal’s dinner.
2. Which of your five full albums (not just a song here and there) get the most repeat play?
So…I do not own any albums. I don’t listen to music regularly, and when I do it’s randomized through Pandora. Five that get rated the most “thumbs up” on Pandora though: Moana soundtrack, Sergey Lazarev, Lindsey Stirling, Shakira, Alizée.
3. If you could sum up your life philosophy in under ten words, what would it be (and how did you get there?)
Basically, you do you and I’ll do me. Or you have your path, and I have mine. I really kicked this up to another level after high school graduation and haven’t looked back.
4. What is your favorite reality tv show?
Currently The Great British Baking Show, although I’m bummed I’ve binged all the episodes on Netflix.
5. If you lead another life, not in publishing, what would you be doing instead?
This is a scary question, because I’ve asked myself this and do not have a solid answer. Maybe I’d build and run a rescue ranch for cats.
6. What would surprise us about you?
I’m an only child. Maybe that’s not surprising though…
7. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a gold medal for?
I’m pretty good at foosball. (I had a full-size foosball table in my bedroom as a teen.) I’d have a much better shot than actual soccer.
8. If you could invite any three people (literary or not) to your dinner table who would it be and what would you serve (food and drink)?
RuPaul, Amy Poehler (preferably in character as Leslie Knope), and Michelle Obama. They’d all be allowed plus ones though, which is my way of cheating. I’d serve Sangria and have a build your own nacho bar.
9. If you could travel back in time to any single year or event then back again only once, what would you choose and why?
I’m assuming I can’t change anything that has happened, and that going back in time doesn’t alter my current timeline. So that said, I’d like to sail on a pirate ship for a day with one of history’s infamous female pirate captains.