Name: Kay Smith
What you Write: YA fantasy
Agent: Emily Forney
Why BookEnds? BookEnds is so collaborative and gave off the most warm and welcoming vibes, I knew right away I wanted to query an agent here!
What genres do you write? Read?
- YA Fantasy, YA Fantasy, YA Fantasy! It’s the genre that made me a reader and I’ve adored it ever since! I especially love writing and reading anything magical or witchy.
Plotter or pantster?
- Honestly both! I always have a bulleted list of plot points I need to hit, but along the way I let my characters take me wherever they want to go.
Synopses, love them or hate ‘em?
- I once got bit by an ostrich at the zoo. I preferred that if we are being honest.
Do you have a writing playlist or a vision board? If so, what’s on them?
- I have to be listening to music when I write and so I ALWAYS have Taylor Swift on, especially her sad songs! I’m also a graphic designer so aesthetic mood boards make my soul happy, usually they’re filled with pictures of beautiful people and enchanted forests haha!
Drink of choice when writing? When not writing?
- Sprite! Though every other time of day I usually try to drink water!
Day or Night writer?
- I’m a Taurus which basically means sleeping in is just a lifestyle not a choice so I’m definitely a creature of the Night all the way!
Twitter or Instagram? Or Facebook? Where can we find you?
- I ADORE Twitter! You can find me on Twitter or Instagram @kaylsmoon.
If you could meet any author, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why?
- I just know Mary Shelley was so cool! An icon truly.